The thermal performance of buildings is important to meet building codes and sustainable housing codes in the residential sector. It is also important to get a high BREEAM rating in business, education, and other areas. Light Steel and Modular rocket easily meet the high level of thermal performance required for a building.
In terms of thermal performance, the advantages of light steel frames and Modular rocket are:
- The U value less than 0.15 w/m2K can be realized economically and efficiently by the following methods
- Lightweight construction without causing walls to be too thick.
- High Gas tightness (less than 3m3/m2/h) can be achieved by
- Use of sheathing plates and membranes for use in light steel frames and modular systems.
- Extensive thermal analysis of building details resulted in y predictions of less than 0.08 W/M2K for the entire building energy model.
- Higher insulation levels and lower thermal mass do not cause excessive overheating (because heat is not stored in continuous hot weather).
- Thermal insulation details have been developed for balcony accessories to reduce thermal bridges.
- Lightweight systems do not suffer from overheating in the summer and respond faster than heavy systems.
- The remote nature of the Modular rocket means that higher levels of airtightness and greater fabric reliability can be achieved.
- Renewable energy technologies can be built-in or connected to improve the energy balance of buildings and allow for zero energy design.
In residential and residential construction, light steel frames include prefabricated wall panels, floor joists, and roof trusses. Modular construction uses components in units of volume completed under factory conditions.
The zero-carbon hub (ZCH) sets energy-use goals for housing and residential buildings. The main requirement is to improve the energy efficiency of building fabrics before considering the use of renewable energy technologies. According to Zch’s previous guidance, the performance objectives required by building code (2013) are:
Apartment/middle Terrace 36 kwhyr M2
Semi-detached house 45 Kwhyr M2