The multi-story residential building is an important market for light-weight steel structure and modular buildings. These architectural forms are widely adopted because of the speed, quality, and high level of sustainability achieved through off-site manufacturing.
The advantages of light steel construction and Modular rocket over residential construction are:
- Construction speed (50% faster than the traditional method).
- Excellent performance, such as fire resistance, sound insulation, and thermal insulation.
- High Level of quality control, accuracy, and free from shrinkage, reducing defect recovery.
- Medium-rise and mixed-use buildings are lighter in weight, and residential floors can be supported on platform floors, thereby reducing foundation requirements.
- Minimal disruption to the site during construction and fewer deliveries; this is particularly advantageous when the site limits the available storage space.
- Waste recovery in the production process and on-site waste reduction.
- The sturdiness of the structure and the ability to create large spans and openings.
Light steel frame and modular structure are load-bearing systems, suitable for residential and mixed-use buildings. The use of these building forms in residential buildings depends to a large extent on the broader benefits offered to developers and buyers. For multi-story residential buildings up to 10 floors and buildings with commercial spaces or parking lots on the lower floors and residential units above, the benefits are greatest.