Multi-storey residential building is an important market for light-weight steel structure and modular buildings. These architectural forms are widely adopted because of the speed, quality, and high level of sustainability achieved through off site manufacturing.
The advantages of light steel construction and Modular rocket over residential construction are:
- Construction speed (50% faster than traditional method).
- Excellent performance, such as fire resistance, sound insulation and thermal insulation.
- High Level of quality control, accuracy and free from shrinkage, reducing defect recovery.
- Medium-rise and mixed-use buildings are lighter in weight, and residential floors can be supported on platform floors, thereby reducing foundation requirements.
- Minimal disruption to the site during construction and fewer deliveries; this is particularly advantageous when the site limits the available storage space.
- Waste recovery in the production process and on-site waste reduction.
- Sturdiness of the structure and the ability to create large spans and openings.
Light steel frame and modular structure are load-bearing systems, suitable for residential and mixed-use buildings. The use of these building forms in residential buildings depends to a large extent on the broader benefits offered to developers and buyers. For multi-storey residential buildings up to 10 floors, and buildings with commercial spaces or parking lots on the lower floors and residential units above, the benefits are greatest.