This paper introduces the advantages of light-weight steel structure related to fire safety, whether in the construction phase or when the building is completed. Fire Safety, especially in the construction process, has become an important issue in some forms of construction. This information sheet explains the excellent properties of light steel and Modular rocket in case of fire.
The advantages of light-weight steel structures in terms of fire protection are:
- Steel is nonflammable; it does not add to the fire load of a building.
- The Fire Protection of light steel frames is usually provided by internally lined planks, such as plasterboard.
- Can easily achieve up to 120 minutes of fire resistance time.
- The amount of combustible materials in light steel construction is much lower than that in other forms of construction.
- Modules and pre-installed light steel panels are fireproof prior to delivery to the site.
- Light steel floors, walls, and modules are easy to repair after a small fire.
- The risk of fire in buildings with light steel frames is much lower than in some forms of construction.