In the design and planning of buildings, sustainability is quantified through a variety of environmental, social and economic performance measures. Each country has a similar sustainability assessment process, such as energy and environmental design leadership (Leed) in the United States and the government’s sustainability housing code in the United Kingdom (CFSH, 2010) .
Key Benefits of sustainability
The sustainability advantage of light steel framing and modular construction is based on the off-site nature of the building process. These are:
- Light Steel Frames and Modular rocket provide high levels of insulation and airtightness.
- These building systems are lightweight and reduce baseload and size by more than 70% compared to concrete and masonry buildings.
- Productivity and construction speed was increased by more than 30 percent, thereby reducing the impact on the site.
- Transportation is greatly reduced. Single delivery of light steel frames is
- It’s usually big enough for three houses.
- According to HSE statistics, site safety has been improved 5 times due to the process of construction in different places.
- Field waste is almost eliminated through the use of prefabricated light steel and modular components, while the construction material industry wastes an average of 10 percent.
- The use of rolled parts will not result in a waste of production.
- Renewable Energy Technologies can be attached to and built into
- Lightweight steel and modular assemblies.
- Lightweight steel construction can be easily modified and expanded. Modular units can be dismantled and reused.
- Light Steel and Modular rocket are widely used for building expansion and renovation due to their lightweight and fast installation.